TWITTER THIS YOU TWITS…I’M FED UP WITH YOUR BULL-TWIT!
December 30, 2008
AFTER SLAMMING ME AND TAKING 460 ADDRESSES FROM MY GMAIL LIST. I DON”T BELIEVE YOU’RE SENDING ME THIS LETTER…FILLED WITH YOUR CUTE LITTLE PLAY ON WORDS. I HOPE YOU ENJOY MINE!
Hello, new Twitter-er!
Using Twitter is going to change the way you think about staying in touch with friends and family. YES IT HAS…AND I”M GOING TO WARN EVERYONE I CAN ABOUT YOU TWITS! you know you can send and receive Twitter updates via mobile texting, instant message, or the web? To do that, you’ll want to visit your settings page (and you’ll want to invite some friends). I JUST WANT TO INVITE THE MEDIA AND PERHAPS A LAWYER OR TWO!
The New York Times calls Twitter “one of the fastest-growing phenomena on the Internet.” TIME Magazine says, “Twitter is on its way to becoming the next killer app,” and Newsweek noted that “Suddenly, it seems as though all the world’s a-twitter.” What will you think? I THINK THEY’LL HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW OF YOU WHEN ALL OF YOUR BULL-TWIT COMES TO LIGHT! Thanks again for signing up!
- Biz Stone and The Twitter Team
BIZ…AS PROMISED I”LL BE POSTING THE E-MAILS I”VE BEEN GETTING STARTING TONIGHT AND CONTINUING IN JANUARY WHEN BUSINESS RESUMES AS USUAL! ALL OF THE NAMES HAVE BEEN WITHELD TO PROTECT MY FRIENDS AND CLIENTS FROM FURTHER INVASION OF PRIVACY AND ME FROM ANY FURTHER EMBARRASSMENT.
1. ” hey artie, i was ‘invited’ to join twitter by xxxxxx…I emailed him personally, immediately and he vouched for it. so far, i don’t see any advantage. I gave then my yahoo address book of about 5 extinct people then promptly changed my password. it’s more of a nuisance than a help for me. I cancelled, today. thanks to you. XXXXXX”
2. “Artie, I never participate in these things. I have never trusted them. XXXXX”
3. “Twitter in itself was never a problem to me, since I knew what it basically was and had no use for the service (basically you update as often as you feel necessary to tell your “friends” what you’re doing at the moment, so you update to tell people you’re “going to the store”, “listening to XM”, “masturbating” et al… XXXXXXX”
4. “I got the twitter and yahoo messages recently but I just deleted them. If you are well aware of how this traffic flows, you just ignore it (or if you use gmail, mark it as spam) and it goes away. Haven’t received anything else since. I’m not complaining since I’m fairly confident you wouldn’t outright take advantage of your following. Blog on, Artie, blog on! XXXXXXX”
5. “Hello Artie, I am shocked to hear about– I just joined recently. FYI – I had the same experience with Plaxo that you describe with Twitter. It caused dreadful indiscretions, privacy violations and embarrassment! XXXXXXX”
OK …MY TWITTER-RISTAS, THIS NEW YEAR WHILE YOU”RE TWITTERING THE NIGHT AWAY, I’ll BE WRITING MY NEXT BLOG! “WHEN THE TWIT HITS THE FAN!”
Regretfully, Artie Wayne http://artiewayne.wordpress.com/about-artie-wayne
FOR MORE ON THE HORRORS OF TWITTER CLICK ON TO http://artiewayne.wordpress.com/2008/12/29/twitter-is-in-the-shitter/